WILM PRO FOOTBALL CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
HOW TO ENTER & WIN:
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local regulations apply. Log onto www.wilm-tv.com, to enter and qualify for an opportunity to win by submitting a complete and correct electronic entry form. Entries that CBS 10 WILM (WILM-TV)/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. believes, in its sole discretion, to have been generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and ineligible and will not be accepted or if accepted will be disqualified. The entry period begins at 12:01am (ET) on 9/1/14. The contest will continue until the published cutoff time for each game as posted on the picks page of http://wilm.profootball.upickem.net/profootball/registration/login.asp.
These Official Rules are for the WILM Football Contest (the “Contest”), which is a local contest (including the viewing area of WILM-TV) Sponsored by WILM-TV (“Sponsor”). This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
1.ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of the WILM-TV viewing area who are of legal age at the time of entry. Employees of CBS 10 WILM, its respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, roommates and the immediate family members of each are not eligible. To be eligible to win, you must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and a legal, permanent resident of the U.S. and North Carolina in the WILM-TV viewing area. Members of the same family or household of winners who have won a prize valued over $100 in any CBS 10 WILM (WILM-TV) sponsored contest in the last twelve (12) months are ineligible to win this contest. Employees of CBS 10 WILM (WILM-TV)/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc., their agencies, subsidiaries, representatives, sponsors, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, and advertisers, promotional agencies and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. CBS 10 WILM (WILM-TV)/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if the contest rules are not followed. No substitution of prizes or transfer of prizes to a third party is permitted by winner. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this contest, or reproduce or distribute any portion of these rules to its members.
2. HOW TO PLAY: Select the team that you will believe will be the winner of each pro football regular season and playoff game and predict the score for the winning and losing team for designated the tie-breaker game. You may enter your picks and score predictions until five (5) minutes before the start of each game. If you fail to select a winner for any game, your pick will be the team that was selected by the majority of participants. However, you are not eligible to win a weekly prize if you fail to select a winner for more than one game in a given week, and you are not eligible to win the grand prize unless you complete your picks for each game for at least 11 weeks. The point value for selecting the winner of each game is as follows:
Regular Season Games – 1 point
Wild Card and Divisional Playoff Game – 4 points
Conference Finals – 8 points
Championship Game – 16 points
If a game is canceled, postponed or forfeited for any reason, or if a game ends in a tie, no points will be awarded for that game.
The participant with the most points for each week of the pro football regular season will be deemed a weekly prize winner. The participant with the highest total “net score” at the end of the season will be deemed the grand prize winner. A participant’s total “net score” will be determined by subtracting the participant’s four (4) lowest weekly scores from his/her total score for all 21 weeks of the season and playoffs.
In the event of a tie for a weekly prize, the tie breaker will be set forth as follows from among all tied participants: (a) the score from the winning team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the winning team, and the difference multiplied by itself, (b) the Score from the losing team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the losing team, and the difference is multiplied by itself, (c) the result in (a) is added to the result in (b) to obtain the “Score Approximation.” The participant with the lowest “Score Approximation” will be deemed the winner. If a tie remains, the tie breaker will be based on the lowest “Score Approximation” in the previous week, continuing thereafter to each previous week in order, as needed, to break the tie. In the event of a tie for the grand prize, the participant with the lowest total “Score Approximation” for week 21, the championship game, will be declared the winner, then working back through the Score Approximations for each of the preceding weeks.
Participants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. The Contest ends following the start of the pro football Championship Game.
3. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by phone call and email. All posted results are unofficial until winners are verified. If a winner does not respond within seven (7) days of the initial notification email, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next highest scoring participant. Prizes won by an eligible participant who is a minor will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of participants.
•$25 visa gift card provided by Car City
•Free Oil Change* valued at $34.95 good at any Car City location:
• 3598 James B White Hwy South Whiteville, NC 28472
• 3500 Elizabethtown Rd Lumberton, NC 28358
• 9146 Ocean Hwy West Calabash, NC 28467
• 3504 Hwy 9 East Little River, SC 29566
• 2761 East Hwy 501 Conway, SC 29526
Limit 6 quarts of oil, synthetic oil not available
No cash value. Expires 3/31/15
*other restrictions may apply
The Promotion Parties reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Only actual verified prize winner will be permitted to claim prize. Winner may be required to present photo identification and to complete a signed affidavit of eligibility, prize acknowledgement and liability/publicity release in order to claim prize. Winner will be responsible for all taxes associated with the prize. Prize may be considered income and payment of taxes on prize are solely the responsibility of the winner. Compliance with all regulations is the responsibility of the winner. Winner and winner’s guests agree to release CBS 10 WILM (WILM-TV)/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc., its sponsors, advertisers and promotion agencies from any and all liability for claims, actions or proceedings for injuries or damages sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while traveling to, preparing for or participating in any contest-related or prize-related activity. Except where prohibited, by playing the contest, or by winning, participants have granted CBS 10 WILM (WILM-TV)/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. the right to publicize their name, photograph or likeness, voice and biographical details and have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
NATIONAL PRIZES – (These are not affiliated with CBS 10)
One NFL themed Fathead of the winner’s choosing will be provided to the winner (as specified above) by Fathead, LLC. The approximate retail value (ARV) of the weekly prize is between $89 and $99.
Trip for two to Hawaii. Includes airfare from United States and 7 nights lodging in Maui valued at $5,000. Trip must be taken in 2015. Food, gratuity and incidentals not included. Cash prize of $5000 can be substituted for the trip. WILM-TV/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc., assume no liability or responsibility in connection with the use of any prize awarded hereunder nor in connection with any warranty or representation therewith. WILM-TV/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Total ARV: $5000.00.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: A participant grants to Sponsor and the local affiliates the right to use and publish his/her proper name and state/province or residence online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. By accepting a prize, a winner grants Sponsor and the local affiliates the right to use his or her name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation. Participants agree (a) to release and hold Sponsor, Promotion Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest; (b) that under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for any punitive, incidental or consequential damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, unintelligible, returned, undelivered entries or email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Website’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of play will void all such plays, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her submissions) who tampers with the submission process. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Should any portion of Contest be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest, or Contest plays, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest.
8. WINNERS: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: WILM-TV PRO FOOTBALL CONTEST, 3333 Wrightville Avenue Suite G, Wilmington, NC 28403. Requests must be received by February 28, 2015.
CBS 10 WILM reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
This contest is officially sponsored by CBS 10 WILM.
©2014 CBS 10 WILM