WILM-TV FAQ (1-4-17)
What’s going on at WILM-TV?
WILM-TV is excited about our new programming for 2017. As you may have heard there are a few changes going on—WILM-TV is going Independent!
When did the switch happen?
At 12 Midnight on January 1st 2017 (Sunday morning).
Why did you make this change?
We are local broadcasters first and a network affiliate second. This was not our choice or desire, but CBS decided to make a change in Wilmington. If you’d like to ask CBS, you may contact their audience services number at (212) 975-3166.
What does WILM-TV as an Independent Station mean for me?
That means that WILM-TV is bringing more Entertainment Programming (like games shows, comedies, dramas and entertainment news) more WRAL News and a lot more Sports than ever before.
What is an Independent Station?
Simply said, an independent station is unaffiliated with any network. WILM-TV will be an independent station starting January 1st 2017. Therefore, we choose 100% of our programming instead of getting half of it from a network. As an independent station, we have no restrictions on how much or what we program. So you’ll see more sports for sure.
What about Sports?
In 2017 there are no limits on the number of sport programs we can air as an Independent Station, so we’ve picked up a ton of ACC Basketball and Football as well as about twenty different NCAA conferences from American Sports Network. In first quarter alone, we’re increasing our sports programming by over 250%. These are teams like UNC, NC State, Duke, UNCW, Elon, UNC Asheville, Davidson, ECU, High Point, Wake Forest, UNC Charlotte and more. We’ll also have many of the ACC Basketball Tournament games in March. We’re so excited to bring so many new sporting events to Wilmington… more than this market has ever seen before. Click here to see our entire sports line-up as we know it today.
Will you have the NFL games (or playoffs or Super Bowl)?
No. But we will have a ton of college basketball! Go to WILM-TV.com for WILM program details. Or check your local listings for updates on where to find the NFL games.
Are you staying on the same channel?
Yes. Nothing changes. WILM-TV will be in the same places as before. You can find us on Time Warner, Charter and ATMC cable as well as Dish and DirecTV. Additionally you can watch us for free over-the-air with an antenna on channels 10.1 and simulcast on 24.1. Click here to see a complete channel line-up. Click here to learn more about antenna reception.
What shows can I expect to see in 2017?
That’s easy. Most of the programming that we had in 2016 stays in 2017. These are shows like Rachael Ray, Dr. Phil, The Doctors, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Person of Interest, The Middle, Two Broke Girls, Mike & Molly and more. Weekend favorites like This Old House, Jack Hanna, NC Spin, Todays Homeowner and many more… all stay right here on WILM-TV10.
I love WRAL News. Will that stay?
Yes! The award winning news from WRAL News (our sister station in Raleigh) increases the number of hours on our air and we’re adding the popular favorite “Tarheel Traveler” to air on Saturday evenings at 6:30 P.M.
Can I see your program grid?
You bet, click here for our first quarter programming.
What about MeTV? We love MeTV!
Yes… MeTV stays right where it is on 10.2 and 24.2. You can also find it on TWC channel 1255, Charter channel 99, 193 or 318 (depending on where you live) and on ATMC on channel 71. Click here for our Channel Locator.
Where can I watch CBS programs?
Check your local listings for the new CBS station effective 1-1-17. Half of the WILM programs we aired in 2016 stay on WILM in 2017.
Will I have to reprogram my DVR?
Depending on your carrier, you may not have to reprogram your DVR. To be sure you don’t miss your favorite shows, it will be a good idea to check your DVR to make sure it’s recording the shows you want.
For a few DISH and DirecTV subscribers who may have lost WILM on their service…
you may need to upgrade your equipment to newer technology.
· Old installations will need a new dish and receiver installed to watch WILM 10.1
· SD Service only
· Have customers call 1-800-333-DISH for support in upgrading (they will have to pay for the upgrade)
· Older receivers cannot decode the MPEG 4 service, they will need a newer receiver installed
· No changes to the dish should be necessary
· SD Service only
· Have customers call 1-888 489 3591 for support in upgrading (they will have to pay for the upgrade).
Rumor has it….
Rumors are just that… rumors. Here’s the truth, WILM-TV10 is not going anywhere. We are committed to our community, our news products and providing you with the best television entertainment available in our market.
WILM-TV has been on-the-air for over seventeen years and we are deeply rooted in the Wilmington market. Through two simulcast transmitters (10.1 & 24.1 over-the-air) as well as all cable and satellite companies, WILM-TV will continue to be available to everyone in the Wilmington market. We will continue to bring our viewers excellent programs such as:
- Big Bang Theory • Dr. Phil
- Rachael Ray • The Doctors
- Blue Bloods • Person of Interest
- CSI Miami • Mike & Molly
- Two Broke Girls • The Middle
WILM-TV will continue to simulcast WRAL News from our sister station WRAL in Raleigh. We do so in order to bring the Wilmington market award winning news from the state capitol like no one else can. As such the WRAL news in Wilmington has a loyal following.
WILM-TV knows how important live sports can be to our viewers and advertisers, so we’re increasing the number of hours of live sports with the addition of the American Sport Network (college sports) along with many more ACC Basketball and Football games than ever before on WILM-TV10.1! To satisfy our North Carolina sports fans we’ve added the UNC Coaches Show on Saturday night since the NC State Coaches Show on Sunday night was such a hit. We’ve also added a few UNCW Men’s Basketball games (home town team).
If you have any further questions not addressed here, please click here to send us a note and we’ll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
What NEW SHOWS will WILM air?
- Celebrity Name Game with Craig Ferguson will air Monday – Friday at 10:00 A. M.
- Access Hollywood LIVE will air Monday – Friday at 11:00 A. M.
- Crime Watch Daily will air Monday – Friday at 2:00 P. M.
- Pawn Stars will air Monday – Friday at 3:00 P. M. and Thursday night at 8:00 P.M.
- Celebrity Page will air Monday – Friday at 3:30 P. M.
- Access Hollywood will air Monday – Friday at 6:30 P. M.
What will air in the evenings on WILM in Prime Time?
- The Middle will air Monday – Friday at 8:00 P. M.
- Mike & Molly will air Monday – Friday at 8:30 P. M.
- Blue Bloods will air Monday and Friday nights at 9:00 P.M.
- Leverage (a crime drama) will air Tuesday nights at 9:00 P.M.
- Elementary will air on Wednesday nights at 9:00 P.M.
- Pawn Stars and Forensic Files will air on Thursdays at 8:00 and 8:30 P.M.
- Person of Interest returns and will air on WILM on Saturday nights at 8:00 P.M. & Sunday nights at 10:00 P.M.
- Major Crimes will air on WILM on Saturday nights at 9:00 P.M.
- CSI Miami returns and will air on WILM on Saturday nights at 10:00 P.M. & Sunday’s at 8:00 P.M.
What New shows will air in late night on WILM?
- Forensic Files will air on WILM Monday – Friday at 11:35 P.M.
- Two Broke Girls will air on WILM Monday – Friday at 12:05 A.M.
- Mike & Molly will air on WILM Monday – Friday at 12:35 A.M.
- Crime Watch Daily will air on WILM Monday – Friday at 1:05 A.M.
- Jerry Springer will air on WILM Monday – Friday at 2:05 A.M.
Who owns WILM-TV?
WILM-TV is still and will continue to be owned by Capitol Broadcasting which is a family owned and operated business that has a reputation for as a highly ethical and deeply rooted North Carolina broadcaster. Click here for more information about Capitol Broadcasting.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality and Bull Durham Beer Co. in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Project and Diamond View office buildings in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.